Ride Meeting Place, UNCLES, 1 Mudgeeraba Rd Worongary, use exit 77 off the M1.
Departure time 9am – get there early for a coffee and breakfast.
|27th Oct 2018||09:00|| |
Not The Alpaca Ride
Not The Alpaca Ride
|10th Nov 2018||15:00|| |
Agro’s Twilight Fish And Chip Ride
|Glenn Condon||More Info|
The weather forecasts for the days that Agro’s Twilight Fish and Chip Ride were to be done were filled with doom, gloom, and thunder and lightning. As with every forecast, there was a chance that the predictions would not come to fruition, but in case they did, we would have all been in line for a drenching. Not something any of us particularly needed.
Consequently, the decision was taken to move this ride to the 10th November instead of Paul Jacobs 6 Mountains Ride. All the same details, same meeting location, same time and same bat-channel.
We sincerely hope that the weather will be much more conducive to a better ride to honour Agro’s Twilight Ride and we hope that everyone that has already confirmed attendance will be able to make it along with some others that weren’t available this Saturday.
See y’all there.
|24th Nov 2018||09:00|| |
|2nd Dec 2018|| |
|Mick Foster||More Info|
|8th Dec 2018||09:00|| |
|Paul Or Someone Else||More Info|
|13th Dec 2018||18:00|| |
Jeff’s Lights Ride
|Jeff The Poet||More Info|
The Gold Coast Cruiser Clubs 2018 Oliver’s Christmas Light – Night Charity Ride 5:00 pm Thursday the 13thof December 2018.
Hello Jeffrey here,
This year I have an exciting special addition to our charity event, I began this ride four years ago with my 4 yo Grandson Oliver in mind, then I found out it was illegal for a child under eight years of age to be a pillion passenger on a motorcycle so poor little Ollie had to wait; (because his Mum said I’m a responsible adult) but now his waiting is over and he is coming on my bike to help lead the ride. He has been having lots of practice rides and he is getting used to the bike quickly and loves it. Oliver was diagnosed early with Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis (JIA), a very painful illness treated with regular injections, medications and diet control over the last six years and continuing indefinitely. Ollie is a truly beautiful natured child that loves to share and help out other kids; he is really looking forward to being the ride captain on the day and meeting everyone and all the children. The colour chosen by the JIA foundation banner is purple, that’s why my bike has so many purple lights on it, goes really well with all the Christmas lights. Oliver and his Mum and sisters were featured on a story on GC Channel 9 four years ago and I’m hoping they will come along this year to film his first ride as a follow up story, they said they are keen and will be in touch closer to the date. His cousin Jordan, my other 8 year old Grandson is also coming on the ride this year for the first time.
The Gold Coast Hospital Foundation is again supporting us on our 4th Annual charity ride raising funds and the collection of arts and crafts donations to be delivered to the children in the hospital at the GCUH and Robina. The bikes will pull up out the front of the Southport hospital and there is a ‘Christmas Tree’ set up every year near the foyer of the Gold Coast University Hospital to have a meeting point for carolers to perform during the festive season and for the children and others in hospital to come out enjoy it. Our event is being held on a Thursday evening, it is one of the busiest nights of the week due to people going out and coming back from late night shopping. The loud brightly decorated illuminated tinsel covered motorcycles will look their best in the dark and all the children around along the journey route and the three destinations will love watching them pass.
We will meet at The Pines Elanora in the car park near McDonalds at around 17:00hours(5:00pm) and depart at approximately 17:30 hours (5:30pm). We will turn right inside the shopping centre from McDonalds then right onto K.P McGrath Drive, then left onto Guineas Creek Road up to the Gold Coast Highway turning left toward Surfers Paradise.
Then remain on the GC Highway until Mermaid Beach where we will turn left heading west onto Makeri Street and thru to The Q Super Centre, entering from Makeri Street and going around to the car park stopping beside McDonalds, opposite Suncorp.
From there at approximately 18:30 hours we will ride around the back of the shopping centre and exit left onto Makeri Street heading East back up to the GC Highway and turn left again towards Surfers Paradise.
We will remain on the GC Highway heading north all the way eventually turning right into Oxley Drive and then left into the Harbour Town Shopping Centre and parking over near McDonalds.
We plan to leave Harbour Town at approximately 19:15 hours (7:15pm) and turn right onto Olsen Avenue riding south and then turn left into Hollows Way and right into Hospital Boulevard arriving at the Gold Coast University Hospital at approximately 19:30 hours (7:30pm) . Once again this year we would like to say “T hank Y ou ” to the riders on the n ight . I am organising raffles and we are hoping to have a sausage sizzle in the Hospital grounds out the back after we drop off our donations to the children and nurses at the main reception ( BBQ not confirmed as yet).
I have spoken to an officer of the Gold Coast Traffic Police and they have given verbal approval for our intended ride, with the strict stipulation that we have NO blue lights on our bike displays.
We have all the great supporters behind us again this year and some new ones.
· Number one is James and his crew at The Gold Coast Hospital Foundation for making it all possible.
· The GCUH management for allowing the ride and the entry onto the grounds.
· Many thanks to all my mates in the Gold Coast Cruiser Club for sharing my passion and supporting my dream of creating a ride for my little Mate Ollie and his mates in the children’s ward.
· Centre management staff and their teams at The Q-Super Centre, The Pines Elanora and Harbour Town
· Irene at Rock a Bye Baby Equipment Hire Gold Coast for gift donation.
· Kate, Holly Kirsty at Extreme Print Harbour Town for helping out designing and printing the flyers.
· McDonalds The Pines, The Q-Super Centre and Harbour Town with having charity bins in store for the week before the ride.
· Gloria at Uncles Café Worongary for keeping us fed with great breakfast deals, yummy coffee and nice smiles and being a donation collection point.
· The Gold Coast Bakery Ernest Junction is donating their lovey local bread for the sausage sizzle.
· Amanda and Bunnings Labrador are on board and coming up with a great donation helping with materials for the donation crates.
· Christmas Galore Harbour Town will give riders a discount on battery powered Christmas Lights.
· Deb at The Arundel Tavern for donating a dinner voucher.
· Joshua Thomas for in a store gift voucher at Arundel Plaza
· Outpost Café for donating a meal voucher.
· Skol at Ozbike Australia for posting our flyer on their page.
· Gold Coast Sun for promoting us on their community page.
· 4CRB for promoting our ride on their community page.
· Reading Cinema Harbour Town for gift voucher.
· Gaye and Dave at Affordable Embroidery Services for the ride patches.
Several business are passing out flyers and promoting for us,
· Karen and Andrew at GC Motorcycle Tyre’s Mermaid Beach,
· Mitch Matt and the crew at Sharks Leathers Helensvale,
· DOC’s Dr’s Orders Canteens at the GCUH.
· Ewan at The Coffee Bug at the GCUH & Brisbane Road Drive Through.
· Iron and Resin Garage Currumbin
· Outpost Café Canungra
The Gold Coast Cruiser Club (GCCC) is social motorcycle group; we have no clubhouse no President Treasurer or Secretary, we meet every second Saturday for our shared love of maintaining and then riding our motorcycles around the beautiful Gold Coast and nearby Hinterland with the occasional overnighter to a more distant location. To be a Gold Coast Cruiser Club member you have to be forty years or over and you have to ride a Cruiser, the club is open to all genders. This charity event is open to all motorcyclists on the Gold Coast, this is NOT a member only ride, anyone can join in on this ride on a scooter, a moped, a Spyder, a Cruiser, a Road bike, a sports bike or a Harley. As long as its legally registered, if its got two or three wheels, you’re welcome to come along and join in. Put the kids in the car, van or bus and follow us if you like. Come and meet Mick & Val, Peter & Liz, Michael, Paul, Rosco, Robyn, Brian, Theo, Sheree, Glenn & Jo, Salt, Cheryl, Popeye, Mark, Glen, David & Gaye, John, Banjo, Popeye, Brian, Steve and all the rest of the crew.
I hope you can join Ollie, Jordan and myself this year on our ride with the Gold Coast Cruiser Club and help to make his first ride a great one and a night to remember, hopefully one day in ten years time he can ride beside me on the annual ride. Many thanks, Jeff Goudy 0412577153
|22nd Dec 2018||09:00|| |
Last Run Of The Year
Last Run Of The Year