When you ride within a group, there are certain points or Ride Etiquette that need to be considered to ensure a safe and pleasurable ride for all participants. Please consider the following points:
- DO NOT PASS THE RIDE LEADER. To be considered as riding within the group, you must be placed between the Ride Leader and Tail End Charlie.
- The rider BEHIND the Ride Leader will set the formation. If the formation changes and it is necessary to change sides in the lane do so ONLY WHEN IT IS SAFE.
- When the ride reaches a junction or corner, the rider BEHIND the Ride Leader “Corner Marks”. That is, the rider stops where it is safe, close to the corner and indicates (left or right) so that the following riders know which path to take. The “Corner Marker” waits for ALL RIDERS to pass and re-joins the ride just in front of Tail End Charlie, who will give a signal to do so. Re -join the ride only when it is safe to do so.
- If you decide to leave the ride, inform the Ride Leader and Tail End Charlie.
- NEVER EVER OVERTAKE ON THE LEFT (INSIDE) of another rider. Overtake only when it is safe to do so and abide by the road rules.
- DO NOT TAIL-GATE. Leave between 3 to 5 seconds between you and the bike in front of you.
- It is not easy to keep a head count of riders. If you think someone is missing, ask if they have left the ride or stopped. Look out for your mates!
- Stay upright and stay safe!